How to shape your Future: Career Planning for PhDs and PostdocsWhat are my unique abilities and interests critical in determining the right career path for me? Can I combine my ideas about a fulfilled life with a university career? How can I develop a strategy for embarking on an academic career path or other career choices?
This seminar helps to answer these - and other - questions for those who want to plan their career development strategically. It focuses on supporting young scientists and researchers. It offers them possibilities to reflect upon future university careers or alternative career choices.
Based on their individual profiles, participants develop their own vision for their future personal and professional lives.
- You reflect upon your professional career path and develop a well-orchestrated plan
- You develop a biographically -based profile that highlights and evaluates your individual qualifications, skills and job visions
- You share experiences and are encouraged by other scientists who are in a similar professional situation
- Creating your profile of skills and qualifications, highlighting your strengths and accomplishments
- Choosing your own criteria and values for work and life
- Exploring different occupational alternatives: Career at university/research centre or "outside", e.g. in accompany
- Detect your professional network
It is strongly recommended to participate to the workshop "How to shape your Future: Career Planning for PhDs and Postdocs" and the workshop "How to apply for a job and be hired: Tailor Made Job Applications for PhDs and Postdocs".
A signature of the mentor is not required for this registration.
|Termin/e:|| 16.09.2019 09:00 - 17:00 |
17.09.2019 09:00 - 17:00
|Zielgruppe:|| Wissenschaftler/-innen |
|Teilnahmezahl:||max. 12 Teilnehmer|
|Veranstaltungsleitung:|| Herr Matthias Merkelbach M.A. |
- zertifizierter Coach der Coaching-Akademie Stuttgart
- seit 2009 für ImpulsPlus Trainer
- Karriereplanung in Wirtschaft und Wissenschaft
- Karriereperspektiven ausserhalb der Wissenschaft
- Zielgerichtet bewerben
- Präsentationstraining und Teamkommunikation.
|Gebühr für Externe Teilnehmende:||400,00 €|